The governing body of a Daanish School ensures that admission in the School is merit-based within a particular category or sub-category in terms of the provisions of this section.
- The governing body and Principal of a Daanish School shall admit a batch of 110 students, ten percent seats be filled with students who shall pay the fee and other expenses, as may be determined by the governing body and remaining seats of 99 students be filled with the most deprived and marginalized student, if the total combined gross income of the members of the household of the student does not exceed six thousand rupees per month, or any other amount as may be notified by the Authority and the student, in order of precedence, falls in either of the following sub-categories:
- he is orphan having lost both of his parents and having no guardian or being taken care of by an elder sibling or a member of extended family;
- he is orphan and living with his mother;
- his both parents are illiterate, the parents do not own any immovable property and either of them is disabled;
- he has been a school dropout and his both parents are illiterate and the parents do not own any immovable property;
- his both parents are illiterate, the parents do not own any immovable property and do not have any fixed job or source of income;
- he is not resident of a town, tehsil or district headquarters and any of his parent is a semi-skilled or unskilled menial village worker, and the parents do not own any immovable property and are illiterate; and
- he is resident of a town, tehsil or district headquarters and his household resides in a katcha house.
- The governing body of a Daanish School may admit a student whose parent is an employee of the School.
- The antecedent verification committee shall determine the merit for admission in the School on the basis of criteria mentioned in this section.
- The governing body may, for reasons to be recorded in writing, alter or set aside a decision of the antecedent verification committee if it finds that the decision is not based on the criteria for admission.
- Academic eligibility; Must have passed Grade-V exams of PEC must qualify the admission test.
- Meeting the age limit
- 10-12 years for boys
- 10-13 years for girls
Initiation of Admission Process:
An advertisement is given in the two national and one local news papers on November of each year which specifies the selection criteria, time, place and all other conditions and the admission process is started and follows the given sequences of steps. Admission forms are available at Daanish Schools and can be obtained from there. The admissions form must be deposited into respective Daanish Schools alongwith the following attested documents:
- Four passport size photographs
- Fitness certificate from registrar, doctor of any government hospital
- Result of Punjab Education Commission Examination or final result of class 5th
- Photocopy of father’s ID card
- Birth certificate
Short Listing Students On The Basis Of Admission Form:
Call letters for the written test are issued, indicating:
- Detail about the subject to be tested
- Marks distribution
- Reference books
- Test conduction venue
- Test conduction time
- Things required to attempt the paper
- Roll numbers slip (attached with call letter)
- Indicating passing marks
- Prerogative of the District Coordination Officer and Principal for the final call of interview, no call would mean, not selected
- Tests will be conducted for English, Urdu, Math, Science and General knowledge
- Each having 20 marks. English and Urdu test will have essay and application or letter part.
- One paper will be made, separated by sections for different subjects
- Only successful candidates will be called for the final interview
For this level a panel will be constituted mutually agreed by Chairman Governing Body and Principal considering the followings:
- Time and date for the interview
- Venue of the interview
- Selection of question (for subjects and general topic)
- Developing evaluation proforma for interview
- Short listing top scores for the admission
- Undertaking proforma to be filled with parents
- Interview proforma
Note: If required test specimen can be sent.
- In case, number of eligible students is more than required, the selection will be made from top to bottom base
- Size of the class will be 40:1
- Proper advertisement mentioning selection criteria and age limit to be published in two national dailies
- Compiling list of the successful candidates
- Antecedent verification be carried out by DCO’s office