Daanish schools is the largest network of boarding schools for Girls and Boys in the country, they are far-reaching educational welfare schools established for the most marginalized segment of the society. Daanish Schools are located in remote and less developed areas, which are high in poverty and low in literacy. At present, 16 Daanish Schools (8 Girls & 8 Boys) are fully operational across the Province. The toral student strength is 9365, 4626 Girls and 4739 Boys. The total academic staff for all schools is 526 and administrative staff is 1693. Each class has 03 sections and the maximum strength is limited to 30-35 students to maintain discipline, individualized attention and delivery of lessons. The students are admitted in Grade VI and study till F.Sc. all Daanish are registered with BISE Lahore.
Student Strength for Each School
Each year a total of 110 students are admitted in each campus. Designated strength of each school is 770 students. Apart from the deserving category, the schools have a separate Provincial Quota for each federating unit. This year special quota was also made for the Provincially Administered Tribal Areas (PATA). The schools offer free of charge services and facilities to the deserving category students.
|Distribution of Seats (Each School)|
|Total / year||Deserving||Provincial Quota||Self-Finance|
|Provincial / Tribal Area Seats|
|Held Seats (Boys :350 Girls:167)||176||165||38||45||48||45||26||517|
In current financial year in pursuance of the policy provided by the Authority apart from the 110 Deserving, Provincial and Self-Finance Quota, provision was made to induct on merit 30 Day Scholars in each class. At present 259 Day Scholars have been enrolled in various schools. The low enrollment of day scholars is due to remote locations of schools where public transport is not easily available. The Authority is working on various options to provide quality transport service to access the schools.
Facilities Provided - Free of Charge
Enlisted below are the facilities that has been provided free of cost:
- Academic Blocks/Hostels
- Sports grounds
- Science Laboratories
- IT Centres
- Medical (Doctor & Psychiatrist)
- 30 – 35 Students per Section
- Teacher section ratio (1.5:1)
- Toilet 1 for 20 students
- Food and Bedding
- Uniform and Sports Kits
- Shoes and Utility Items
- Counseling Service
- Arts Clubs
|List of Daanish Schools|
|5||R. Y. Khan(Boys)||R. Y. Khan||2010||104||663|
|6||R. Y. Khan (Girls)||R. Y. Khan||2010||640|
|11||D. G. Khan (Boys)||D. G. Khan||2013||100||688|
|12||D. G. Khan (Girls)||D. G. Khan||2013||687|
|17||Mankera (Boys)||Bhakkar||Under construction||200|
|18||Mankera (Girls)||Bhakkar||Under construction|
|19||Taunsa (Boys)||D.G. Khan||Under construction||230|
|20||Taunsa (Girls)||D.G. Khan||Under construction|
All schools are managed under the guidelines provided by the Authority by respective Governing Bodies. All Governing Bodies are notified and fully functional.
|5 members||Notables and educational experts|
- Administer day to day affairs of the School.
- Recommendation for appointment of teaching staff and no- teaching staff.
- Monitor Accounts and Finance.
- Receive charities and donations.
Admission Criteria & Process
- Orphan having lost both parents, no guardian, being taken care of by an elder sibling or a member of extended family.
- Orphan and living with mother.
- Both parents are illiterate, parents don't own any immovable property and either of them is disabled.
- Parents don't have any fixed job or source of income.
- Not resident of a town, Tehsil or District headquarters. Parents are semi - skilled or unskilled menial village workers.
- Resident of a town, Tehsil or District headquarters and their household resides in a Katcha house.
- The income of both the parents is less than 15,000/ per month.
- New Admissions are duly advertised in leading newspapers and are promoted in the vicinity of established schools.
- The applications are vetted on the admission criteria.
- Admission tests are conducted sumultaneoudly in each campus.
- Top 250 students are selected purely on merit and their particulars are sent for antecedent verification of their financial statement by the Deputy Commissioner's office.
- On receipt of names for selected candidates top 150 students are sent for medical examination/test by the school.