The Govt. High School Kahna Nau, Lahore Cantt was firstly established in 1926 as Govt. primary school. Its land was the property of Bishan Singh and Lal Singh. This property was donated to the Education Department Govt. of Punjab after creation of Pakistan. It total area of this school was 95 Kanals and 4 Marlas. It was upgraded as Govt. Middle School Kahna Nau in 1935 and as Govt. High school Kahna Nau in 1945.The some area of its land given to Govt. Primary School Kahna Nau Lahore cantt and now its new name is Govt. Model Boys High School Kahna nau, Lahore Cantt. In 2006, a piece of 24 Kanals land was given for establishment of Govt. Girls Degree College for women Kahna Nau Lahore. The Total area of school was left only 51 Kanal and 6 Marlas. Once again 24 kanals was also given to Govt. Degree College for boys Kahna Nau, Lahore in 2015. Now its total area is 27 Kanal 4 Marlas. The school has recently been declared as Center of Excellence on 08 June 2016 under umbrella of Punjab Daanish Schools & Centers of Excellence Authority.
Currently the school three building blocks, 34 x classrooms, one Principal Office, one staffroom, 2 x science laboratories, and one IT Lab. The school staff consist of 45 (39 Teaching Staff and 6 non teaching staff) and currently students strength is 1505 having five Academic Levels from Grade-6 to Grade-10.
PEC and Board exams results in previous years were not very encouraging. Last year PEC result was 97.4% whereas this year the result of PEC is 58%. During 2014 & 2015 the Board results of class 9th were 38% & 42.2% whereas for class 10th was 59% & 70% respectively.