Govt. Girls High School No-1 Hafizabad has been serving in the field of education since 1946 as a middle school. The school is spread over an area of 9 Kanals and 14 Marlas with a covered area of 7 Kanals and 11 Marlas. The school enjoys a historical place in the city of Hafizabad with an academic history spreading over 75 years. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Centre of Excellence on the approval of Competent Authority and named as Centre of Excellence Govt. Girls High School No-1 Hafizabad under the umbrella of PDS & CEA. The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2014 at the cost of Rs. 69.503 Million. On 12 March 2013, the new building was inaugurated Classes however, commenced on 18 December 2014.The school has 50 x class rooms, 4 x laboratories, 4 x staff rooms and 1 x play ground. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer is being provided to the school.
Ms. Syeda Irum Sherazi took charge as Principal COE (Girls), Hafizabad, on 13 July 2015. School Council was converted into Governing Body and comprises of 10 members. School staff consists of total 73 faculty members (57 academic and 16 non academic staff). Currently the student strength is 1,537 having five academic levels, from grade six to Metric.