The word “Daanish” originates from Persian language, adopted in Urdu and means deep rooted wisdom that results from consistent accumulation and assimilation of knowledge. Accordingly Daanish Schools are being established with a clear vision to fight poverty through educating the gifted children of the underprivileged families of the Province of Punjab and providing them level playing field in the society. This is an affirmative action for the forgotten communities of Pakistan’s poorest of the poor.
Enlisted below are the major aims of Daanish Schools:
- To demonstrate that all children can excel, if given an equal opportunity
- To rekindle hope amongst the under-privileged
- To develop ethical, value-driven future leaders
- To fight social inequality and alleviate poverty
- To contain extremism by inculcating tolerance, human dignity and harmony