Islamia high school was established in 1935 in a small building in continuation of the mission started by the Sir. Syed Ahmed Khan to educate the Muslims of Sub-Continent. The school progressed in a short period and became one of the best schools of Lahore. Mr. Jalal-Ud-Din Akbar worked day & night as Headmaster to increase the building facilities and acquired about 17 Kanals from the Auqaf Department and the enrolment of the school raised. The school was nationalized on 01 Oct 1972 by the Government and now is one of the best schools of the area surrounded by the colonies of Sodiwal, Jafria Colony, Shera Kot, Dholanwal, Rizwan Park, Muhajar Abad Colony and Gulshan-E-Ravi covering the poor population and producing good results. Role of honour includes Mehar Muhammad Ishtiaq (MNA) N.A 121. Ex-Student, Rana Mashood Ahmed (Minister of Education), Ch. Muhammad Afzal (Chairman) U.C 94. Ex- Student, Shoaib Khan Niazi (Ex-MPA). The school has recently been declared as Center of Excellence on 08 June 2016 under umbrella of Punjab Daanish Schools & Centers of Excellence Authority.
Currently the school has 36 x class rooms, 1 x library, 2 x science laboratories, 1 x IT lab, one big play ground and one multipurpose examination hall. The school staff consist of 58 (50 Teaching Staff and 8 non teaching staff) and currently students strength is 1817 having five academic levels from Grade-6 to Grade-10.
PEC and Board exams results in previous years were not very encouraging. Last year PEC result was 73 % whereas this year the result of PEC is 72.8 %. During 2014 & 2015 the Board results of class 9th were 25% & 26% whereas for class 10th was 57.6% & 69% respectively.