In 1860 Government of India decided to establish Modern Schools across length and breadth of the subcontinent to introduce English as a compulsory subject. D.G. Khan City was also included in the plan and a Primary school was established in the city in 1885 allocating an area of 99.5 Kanals. The school has historical eminence in the city of D. G. Khan with an academic history spreading over 133 years. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Centre of Excellence on the approval of Competent Authority.
The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2014 at the cost of Rs. 203.202 Million. On 25 February 2013, the new building was inaugurated. The school has 54 x class rooms, 5 x laboratories, a mosque and 5 x play grounds. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been provided to the school.
Lt. Col Muhammad Ejaz Malik took charge as Principal COE (Boys), D. G. Khan, on 13 July 2015. As per the Daanish Act, School Council has been converted into Governing Body comprising eleven members. School staff consists of total 125 faculty members (108 academic and 17 non academic staff). Currently the students’ strength is 2,990 having five academic levels, from grade six to Matric.