Centre of Excellence Govt. Pilot Secondary School (Boys) Sialkot was established in 1854 by East India Company and named as Anglo Vernacular Middle school. The school is spread over 43 Kanals with 12 Kanals as covered area. Industrial Arts subjects ( Arts & Crafts, Clay, Modeling, Electrical wiring etc) were introduced in middle (6th to 8th classes) in 1959, and technical subjects (Electrical wiring, Wood work, Commerce, Typing etc) were introduced in (9th, 10th classes) in 1962. The school is of historical significance as it has an academic history of over 164 years. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Centre of Excellence on the approval of Competent Authority and in 2011 named as Centre of Excellence Govt. Pilot Secondary School (Boys) Sialkot under the umbrella of PDS & CEA.
The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2013 at the cost of Rs. 26.621 Million. Today the school has 37 x class rooms, 2 x blocks, and 3 x play grounds. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been recently provided to the school.
Mr. Nawaz Khan is serving as Principal COE (Boys), Sialkot, since 01 August 2015. School Council was converted into Governing Body and comprising of 11 members. School staff consists of a total 43 faculty members (29 academic and 14 non academic staff). Currently the students’ strength is 1,027 having five academic levels, from six to tenth grade.