After establishing Govt. Pilot Secondary School (Boys) Sialkot in 1927 the then Government decided to establish one part of boys’ campus as another school for girls. The portion was thus named as Govt. Lady Anderson Girls High and Normal School Sialkot on the name of wife of Deputy Commissioner of Sialkot “Sir Anderson”. The school is spread over the area of 34 Kanals area with 20 Kanals covered area. The school is of historical eminence and one of the oldest with an academic history of over 91 years. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Centre of Excellence on the approval of Competent Authority and in 2011 it was declared as Centre of Excellence Govt. Lady Anderson Girls High and Normal School Sialkot under the umbrella of PDS & CEA.
The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2013 at the cost of Rs. 26.657 Million. The school has 41 x class rooms, 3 x laboratories, 1 x library and a play ground. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further, additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been provided to each school.
Ms. Asma Zahid who was already doing as the principal renewed her charge as Principal COE (Girls), Sialkot, on 13 July 2015. Earlier School Council has been converted into Governing Body as notified in the PDS & CEA Act and comprises 11 members. School staff consists of total 110 faculty members (56 academic and 54 non academic staff). Currently the student strength is 1,785 having seven academic levels, from grade six to Intermediate.