Centre of Excellence Govt. High School (Boys) Rojhan was established in 1881 as a primary school by the British Government. It was upgraded as high school in 1957. Total covered area of school building is 04 Kanals. The school has historical place in the city of Rojhan with an academic history spreading over 137 years. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Centre of Excellence on the approval of Competent Authority and named as Centre of Excellence Govt. High School (Boys) Rojhan under the umbrella of PDS & CEA.
The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was to be completed in 2014 at the cost of Rs. 166.479 Million. However, the completion is inordinately delayed and expected to be completed by June 2016. Although today the school has 18 x class rooms, 1 x laboratory, 2 x offices and a small assembly area, however, after the completion of the new building the school will have sufficient accommodation for all the levels as envisaged in the PDS&CEA Notification on COEs. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further, additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer has been recently provided to each school.
Lt. Col (R) Siraj Ur Rehman took over charge as Principal COE (Boys) Rojhan, on 13 July 2015. School Council has been dissolved and instead a Governing Body comprising 09 members has been notified. School staff consists of total 27 members (22 academic and 05 non academic staff). Currently the students’ strength is 1050 having five academic levels, from nursery to tenth grade.