Centre of Excellence Govt. High School (Girls) Rojhan was established in 1957 as a primary school. Later on it was upgraded to middle and high school levels in 1968 and 1989 respectively. Total covered area of school building is 03 Kanals. The school has historical place in the city of Rojhan with an academic history spreading over 61 years. In 2010 after promulgation of the PDS & CEA Act, the school being one of the important institutions was nominated to be converted into Centre of Excellence on the approval of Competent Authority.
The construction of the new building commenced in 2010 and was completed in 2014 at the cost of Rs. 135.279 Million. Today the school has 14 x class rooms, 01 x laboratory, 2 x offices and 2 x play grounds. For a competitive environment and uniform evaluation and in order to improve administration further, additional academic/non academic staff including Assistant Admin Officer is being provided to each school.
Ms. Fozia Siraj took charge as Principal COE (Girls) Rojhan, on 13 July 2015. School Council was converted into Governing Body and comprises of 09 members. School staff consists of total 29 faculty members (18 academic and 11 non academic staff). Currently the students’ strength is 550 having academic levels, from nursery to Matric.